ALL Products are purchased at the customer's own risk. Always read manufacturers labels before use.
Packaging materials: MiniZoo uses environmentally friendly biodegradable pellets for packing. These pellets are made of wheat or corn starch. Please advise us in advance if there are allergy issues and we will use alternative materials for your delivery.
Most of the toys also come in a protective plastic sleeve from the manufacturer. This and all other packaging materials could be a chocking hazard and should be removed and safely discarded prior to giving the toys to children.
Products: MiniZoo takes great care to stock products that are renowned for their quality. There are always matters to consider however when purchasing products for young children, such as safety and age suitability, and the following information is provided as disclosed on the product labels by the manufacturers of our brands..
- Schleich is made of PVC. Figures do not carry specific warnings on the majority of their figures, however their boxed items do advise that the products may contain small parts and thus be unsuitable for children under the age of 3.
- Collecta figures are made of PVC and carry a warning that they are not suitable for children under 3 as they include small parts.
- Papo figures are made of PVC and carry a warning that they are not suitable for children under 3 as they include small parts.
- Safari Ltd items are made from a durable and strong plastic material that is safety and chemical tested, and chosen depending on the specific requirements of each toy. Many Safari Ltd products are made from PVC (polyvinyl chloride), flexible TPE (thermoplastic elastomer), or ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene). Safari Ltd toys do not contain latex. They are non toxic, free from phthalates and BPA free. Most figurines carry a warning that they are not suitable for children under 3 due to small parts. The Incredible Creatures range carries a warning that they are not suitable for children under 18months. Safari Ltd Good Luck Minis, however, are recommended for ages 5+ due to their small size. Safari Ltd items are made from a durable and strong plastic material that is safety and chemical tested, and chosen depending on the specific requirements of each toy.
- Mojo Fun figures are made of PVC and carry a warning that they are not suitable for children under 3 as they contain small parts.
- Bullyland figures carry a warning that they are not suitable for children under 3 as they include small parts. Bullyland figures are made of a PVC-free base material, with no plastic
- Breyer products are typically recommended for ages starting from 4-10+. Their box packaging shows products are not suitable for children under 3 as small parts may present a choking hazard. Individual products vary on their age suitability and we recommend further enquiries be made if choosing models for young children. Breyer horses are made from cellulose acetate, a form of plastic. They are designed to conform to all requirements set forth by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA).
- PNSO products are made from PVC and are not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Creative Beast Studio figures are made of PVC and include numerous removable PVC parts and POM sockets. Some components include an embedded wire for increased posing options. Recommended age 15+
- Eofauna is recommended for ages 3+. Their products are made from solid PVC and painted with non-toxic acrylic paints.
- Science & Nature figurines are made of PVC and carry a message saying that they are suitable for ages 4 and up. They meet the requirements of the European safety standards (CE) which mandate phthalate-free plastic and lead free paints. The plastic used is PVC so BPA (bis-phenol A) is not relevant since it is only found in polycarbonates (a clear plastic) and epoxy resins.
- WIA figures are made of PVC and are not suitable for children under 3 as they may include small parts.
- Wild Republic figures are made of PVC and carry a warning that they are not suitable for children under 3 as they contain small parts.
- Playmobil products are made of plastic and contain small parts. They are not recommended for children under 3 years of age.
- Holztiger are recommended for ages 3+. They are handcrafted from solid beech and maple wood. The edges are rounded. Each toy is made in Europe, hand painted with water based, non-toxic paint and sealed with a water based lacquer.
- Tender Leaf Toys meet the European, American, Australian and New Zealand standard safety of toys according to EN71, ASTM and AS/NZS ISO. All TL toys carry the CE marking and are tested to the highest standards. The products are made from replenish-able rubberwood forest timber in Indonesia.
- Anamalz are made in an award winning factory in Vietnam that meets all international manufacturing standards. The characters are EN71 (part 1,2,3) CPSIA and ASTM certified. Age grade for 3+ as they contain small parts. Anamalz products are made from forest plantation beech wood, horns from a FDA approved material called TPR (an eco alternative to plastic), legs from cotton rope with steel wire inserts, fabrics are synthetic plush - AZO dye free, child friendly paints, polyester rope for some tails. Glues are formaldehyde free.
- Folkmanis Puppets are primarily made of synthetic fibres and are safe from ages 10mths with a warning for young babies due to long hair on some puppets.
- Hansa items are safety tested by international laboratory at INTERTEK TESTING SERVICES for compliance with CE, EN71, 1,2, and 3 ST, Japan, Common Market, AMERICAN ASTM F963-08 and US Consumer Product Safety Commission requirements. Materials are Kanecaron brand, hight-pile, moda-acrylic fiber to provide a natural fur touch, flame retardency, chemical resistant, hypo-allergenic, anti-alkali, anti-acid and negative static effect. Stuffing is made from 100% recycled PE bottles which may come in the form of plastic pellets or fibres and contain stiffeners. Recommended for ages 3+.
- Tara Treasures toys are designed in Australia and handmade in Nepal. They support cottage industry and ethical & fair wages for the Artisans that create them. The toys are made from 100% New Zealand Wool Felt and are coloured with azo-free dyes, making them safe for both children and pets.
- Living Nature toys are made from polyester and acrylic fabrics. They are not made from any animal-derived materials. The stuffing has been made with 100% post-consumer recycled plastics (P.E.T fibre fill and polyethylene pellets - most commonly used for plastic bottles and food containers). There are no toxic components and all soft toys have passed EN71 testing standards. There is not a specific age range attached to them. They are suitable for age 0-99 years. The standard toy testing that takes place on these items includes a “pull test” on the eyes and noses of the items to ensure they cannot be easily pulled off.
- Let them Play toys are made from natural materials. Non toxic food grade dyes are used for coloration and some products are finished with a natural beeswax mixed with coconut oil. All products are designed and made with children’s safety in mind and made to meet AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS AS/NZS 8124. Age recommendation is 3+ years as some pieces contain small parts and may be a choking hazard.
- Papoose Toys comply with EN71 standards. They are designed in Australia and handmade by fair trade artisans in Nepal and Sri Lanka. Due to each piece being handmade of natural wood, felt and cotton, they will all be slightly different. Papoose recommends their products for ages 3+.
- Modern Monty only uses manufacturers who are FSC certified, meaning they operate in an environmentally, economically and socially responsible manner. Wherever possible they utilise plastic-free, natural and organic materials. Recommended for children aged 3+.
- Big Country Toys are recommended for ages 3+ due to the presence of small parts.
Please research brands carefully before purchase. The above information is general only and does not substitute for information given by the manufacturers themselves. Customers are encouraged to read all labels for themselves before giving any toys to children to play with. The manufacturers' websites where available are provided here for your convenience:
Last updated 28th June 2022